Monday, June 15, 2009

DISTURBING MY SLEEP IN IRISH

There are some very inconsiderate people around, especially at 3am in the morning. There I was on Sunday morning dropping off to sleep, when I heard this commotion out on the street.
Two idiots where to all intents and purposes trying to re-enact the trooping of the colours outside my window and to make matters worse they were doing it in Irish!!!! One kept saying to the other "Ag Stompig... Ag stompig..., "(which is I think stepping in Irish, this is what it sounded like) the other twit was agreeing with him and every time they missed a step they'd go back to my gate and start again, what with being both heavily intoxicated, they missed the cue a few times.
I don't suppose the trooping of the colours, which was on last Saturday had a very big audience in Ireland that day... Despite what people say, it's still a touchy subject. But these two were quiet oblivious to the disturbance they were causing. okay so they didn't have a marching band with them, but believe me they didn't need it..
Now of course the source of their condition was alcohol, I'd been out the night before and had come home after a few drinks with a few friends and had walked home at that same hour, but I wasn't shouting or disturbing the neighbours slumber. So why do people shout louder after a few drinks, is it to do with having come out of a noisy bar or night club and not realizing they don't have to shout to be heard. Couldn't night club owners put on slow quiet low music before the night ends so that people can adjust to the quieter ambiance outside before going out the door.
Also why do couples choose the wee small hours to have the loudest arguments especially again on my street or outside my window. Can't they wait till they get in doors and do it in the privacy of their bedrooms or sitting-room. Ok I'm not completely guilt free, I once had a rip-roaring row with a friend outside my house, but I made sure it was in a car. Just because I don't have to get up in the morning it doesn't mean my neighbours don't.
So next time you decide to stumble down my street on your inebriated journey home could you kindly think of the lucky ones soundly slumbering above you...

No comments:

Post a Comment